TERMS & CONDITIONS
BOOKINGS & PAYMENTS
1. All bookings made become valid and binding once they have been confirmed in writing by Target English International.
2. A 20% deposit payment is required on all group bookings made in order to confirm places. Bookings can only be secured by payment of the above deposit. This will not be refunded if cancellation occurs less than 28 days before arrival.
3. Full balance payment is required at least 28 days before the starting date of the course, or immediately in the case of late bookings (less than 28 days before course). Services will only be provided when payment is received. Late payment may result in cancellation of the booking by Target English International.
4. If a student requires a visa to study in the UK, Target English International will send a visa letter to support the student’s visa application. Please note that we can only issue visa letters once we have received full payment for the course. If we receive written evidence that a student’s visa application is unsuccessful we will refund the full fees, less an £80 administration fee.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHARGES
1. All cancellations must be made in writing to Target English International. Cancellation charges are as follows:
• If the cancellation is made between 28 and 14 days before the arrival date, we will charge 75% of the total invoice.
• If the cancellation is made less than 14 days before the arrival date, or a student fails to arrive, we will charge 100% of the total invoice.
2. If a group is unable to travel to the UK due to travel restrictions or quarantines imposed by the UK authorities, or the authorities in the country of origin, Target English International will refund in full any monies received (deposit or full payment) less an £80 administration fee.
3. All courses outlined in Target English International publicity materials are given in good faith as of January 2021. However, courses, timetables and programmes may be subject to change. Target English International reserves the right to change the particulars of a course, including changes to facilities, locations and dates of programmes where circumstances beyond our control make it necessary for us to do so, or where the level of bookings received does not meet the minimum number required to operate the course. In this event Target English International will either provide comparable services or refund that part of the service which has changed.
4. If Target English International is unable to operate any centres due to circumstances beyond their control and is unable to offer an alternative centre, the extent of Target English International’s liability to the customer is the full refund of any monies received less the administration fee of £80.
5. Target English International recommends you arrange full insurance cover against any possible cancellation charges.
6. Target English International reserves the right to suspend or expel a student for serious misconduct, without refund of fees. See student manual.
7. Target English International reserves the right to increase the charges for services, by giving notice to the customer, to reflect any increase in the cost of provision of the services to Target English International that is due to factors beyond the control of Target English International including increases in accommodation, transport, events facilities or other programme costs. The increase charged shall be no more than 8% of the total amount payable by the customer for the services and notice of this increase shall be given no later than 28 days before the date of travel. Target English International will always strive to avoid such increases and will provide evidence to the customer in the event of such a charge, should this be requested.
Before arrival in the UK, all persons participating in Target English International programmes must arrange their own insurance against all expenses that might arise due to accident, illness or loss of luggage, personal effects and money.
Target English International must be advised of any health issues or specific dietary requirements of participants at the time of booking.
Programme participants are liable for any damages caused by them and payment for such damage must be made immediately. A damage deposit of £40 or €40 is taken from each student on arrival.
Optional extras can be booked in advance with Target English International and are dealt with on a case by case basis. Target English International will always try to offer the greatest flexibility but if requests are not made before the 1st June 2021, and in writing via e-mail, then Target English International are unable to guarantee that these requests will be met.
All Target English International’s publicity materials and information are published in good faith as of January 2021. We regularly update brochures and photographs. A waiver will be issued allowing pictures taken of students participating in activities or lessons to be used in future brochures or advertising material.
Target English International does not accept liability for personal injury or the death of any student unless caused by the proven negligence of Target English International or its servants. Target English International does not accept any liability for the loss or damage of any property belonging to students. Target English International accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses in the event of cancellation or change due to delays in travel services, strikes, natural disasters, war or the threat of war, acts of terrorism, quarantine, weather, sickness or any event outside the control of the company. In the event of any cancellation due to an event beyond Target English International’s control, the aforementioned cancellation charges will apply.
Any complaint relating to the level of service provision from Target English International, their staff, or one of their suppliers should initially be addressed to a member of the on-site team in the centre, in line with our complaints policy and procedures. Often this can ensure the rapid resolution of the complaint. If the problem is not resolved it can be addressed in writing to the UK Director of Target English International, Mr James Hordon. Once investigated and the nature of the complaint fully determined then appropriate further action can be taken. There can be no recompense for complaints made after departure.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
All bookings must be submitted in writing to Target English International. Payments can be made by bank transfer, credit or debit card using Flywire International Payment system www.flywire.com. Alternatively payment can be made by direct bank transfer A supplement of £15 will be added to each invoice for payments via direct bank transfer. No supplements are applied for payments via Flywire.